March 17, 2012

3D Na'Tee - Dear Father



If you are a true fan of my work, Im sure you are aware of the fact that in 1997 my father committed suicide. I was 10 years old, the oldest of his 3 kids, and his only girl. I was a daddy's girl and during this 4 minute and some odd second song I rediscovered those emotions I hid that very day that I learned of my daddy's demise.

I didn't plan on releasing this record. It was actually recorded on the same day I was set to drop my last mixtape {Guess Who's Coming 2 Dinner which went on to become 2010's Mixtape of the Year and be the key to me winning Lyricist of the Year and Best Female Artist}. After playing the record I was persuaded to include it on the project. It went on to become one of the most critically acclaimed records on the tape... and because of that, I put my pride to the side and decided to direct a visual for it. Though it was hard to make, it was important. It was also theraputic.

@NedraPop, Arie B., @ItsKMack, @TheGodofHair, Rocki, @Ireon103, @UptownJosh, John, Janae Thomas, G-Tekk, Brandon Williams, Ms.Alfreda, Lan, and all the listeners who anticipated the release of this video.

Visit My Official Site
www.3DNATEE.com
THIS FRIDAY 3:16 to see the premiere of this video. Share your thoughts with me via Twitter by mentioning @3DNATEE

No comments:

Post a Comment