August 15, 2012

Rolling Stone: Rick Ross Behind The Scenes



By
Rolling Stone
August 15, 2012 7:00 AM

Rolling Stone spent the afternoon with new cover star Rick Ross in his home city of Miami as he made his rounds the day after the release of his new LP, God Forgives, I Don't. A diligent, focused Rozay visited radio stations WEDR-FM (99 Jamz) and WPOW-DM (Power 96), taking calls live on the air at the former, and greeting contest winners and running through a series of tapings and a mountain of drops at the latter, before wrapping the day with an album signing at a local Best Buy. In between, the rapper shared his thoughts on his first Rolling Stone cover. "[It's] really one of the last magazines that I really care for, just to be honest," said Ross. "The Rolling Stone situation was something special, you know, and I most definitely was happy to be a part of it.

What stood out the most was Ross' comradery with radio station personnel. The "Bawse" chatted with DJs and program directors like old friends – and in fact this was exactly the case. "This was the first station that played my music ever," Ross told our cameras during a commercial break from his 99 Jamz interview. "So every album that I put out, I'm gonna make sure I go out of my way to be here."

During an interview with Power 96's morning show, Ross offered insight into his early grind and his current obsession with Instagram. "Reading [album] credits to me was just as important as looking at the artwork . . . I kinda use that Instagram as that, too . . . this [is] what life like when you go hard."

The new issue of Rolling Stone featuring Rick Ross hits newsstands on Friday, August 17th.

Interview by Jesse Serwer

No comments:

Post a Comment